Utahloy International School Guangzhou (UISG) is an inquiry-driven learning community that embraces the diversity and uniqueness of each individual and commits to the International Baccalaureate Continuum.
– Commits to high quality education that values inquiry-led, student-centred learning through the IB Continuum.
– Promotes mother-tongue learning and recognises the importance of language acquisition in an international context.
– Creates a stimulating and protective learning environment based on an understanding of, and respect for, the UN Rights of the Child.
– Creates a caring and harmonious environment in which students and their individual talents and needs are respected and cherished.
– Recognises student academic needs and well-being as the responsibility of the whole school community.
– Incorporates students’ inter-cultural experiences into all teaching programmes.
– Develops and promotes effective cultural, social and sporting exchanges.
– Engages in challenging education that empowers students to be curious, independent, creative and innovative learners.
– Ensures a safe physical and virtual learning environment.
– Attracts, fosters and retains qualified, internationally-minded staff who contribute to the professional learning community and inspire students to reach their full potential.
– Engages collaboratively with all school stakeholders.
– Encourages integrity and ethical behaviour in all aspect of school life.
– Celebrates international and intercultural education through the study of languages, cultures and perspectives within and beyond our school community.
– Promotes understanding of the Chinese language through interaction with the local Chinese community.
– Promotes empathy and active service.
– Embraces responsibility for shared guardianship of the planet.